Questions to ask your Implant Dentist
Serving Choto, Northshore, and surrounding areas of Knoxville, TN
If you are considering a dental implant in Choto, you should feel confident and comfortable when the dentist that you choose. You should also know what to expect from the procedure and your recovery. Your implant dentist has provided you with some basic questions that you should ask before getting a dental implant.
Before your appointment to undergo dental implant surgery, bring these questions with you to your consultation and ask your dentist these questions.
About Your Dentist
- What training and qualifications do you have in implant dentistry?
- How many years have you practiced implant dentistry?
- What is the average success rate of dental implants you have placed?
- Do you have any before and after photos of your previous implant patients so that I may see results?
About the Procedure
- What preparations should I make before my surgery?
- Should I avoid any foods, medications, supplements or anything else before my surgery? If so, for how long?
- How long is the procedure?
- Is the procedure painful?
- Are there any complications that I need to know about regarding dental implant surgery?
- What can I do to reduce my risk of possible complications?
- What is the cost of the procedure, and what does that include?
- Are there any additional costs that I should be made aware of?
- Do I need to have someone drive me to and from my appointment?
- Do I need to stay overnight in a surgical facility?
About Recovery and Results
- What is the recovery typically like?
- What are signs that I may experience a complication or problem?
- Are there any medications, supplements, or anything else that I should avoid following my surgery? If so, for how long?
- How can I help facilitate a quicker recovery?
- If I experience a problem that requires a follow-up visit, will I be financially responsible for that visit?
- Is there a separate cost for follow-up or post-op visits?
- What are the expected results of my dental implant surgery?
- How long will the implant last?
Any dental implant dentist that you consider should be able to answer these questions for you. Getting the answers to these questions should help you make a better, more informed decision regarding whom to select for your dental implant surgery. At Choto Family Dentistry, we will be happy to answer any of these questions and more to ensure you are confident in your decision in selecting us for your implant procedure.
This list of questions does not cover all possible questions that you may have. Be sure to jot down a few of your own that our list does not cover. At Choto Family Dentistry, no question or concern is off the table when it comes to your oral health and safety.
Dental Implants in Knoxville
If you would like to learn more about dental implants or any of our other tooth replacement options available, we invite you to call our office at (865) 409-5077 to schedule a consultation.
Choto Family Dentistry welcomes patients of Knoxville, Tennessee, and the communities of Choto and Northshore.