Serving Choto, Northshore, and surrounding areas of Knoxville, TN
What are composite veneers?
A composite veneer is an excellent fix to aesthetic concerns that you may have with your smile. Similar to porcelain veneers, the biggest difference is that composite material does not last quite as long as porcelain veneers, and typically cost less than their porcelain counterparts.
What cosmetic problems can composite veneers fix?
Just like the porcelain kind, these thin layered composite veneers can fix various concerns with your smile including:
- Teeth that are crooked
- Teeth that are misshapen
- Teeth that are smaller in size or shape
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Teeth that have a gap
- Discolored teeth
Although veneers are often used to repair minor tooth crookedness, they are not able to change the position of the jaw to fix a crossbite, underbite, or overbite. Orthodontics may be necessary for these cases.
Are there any alternatives to composite veneers?
There is the option for porcelain veneers, which provide the same results, but with a higher cost. Porcelain veneers tend to last longer, although composite veneers are considered a more affordable option.
There is also the option of a dental crown but is a less conservative approach to changing the appearance of a tooth. However, some instances where a tooth has a rather large filling in place already, or a tooth that is brittle, a dental crown may be a better option. Discuss this with your Choto cosmetic dentist to determine which option is best for transforming your smile and preserving your oral health.
Benefits of composite veneers
The benefits of composite veneers include:
- Durability – Composite veneers do help add durability to a tooth. The final product may last for years, but good oral hygiene and regular trips to the dentist for cleanings and examinations are necessary to prolong the life of your transformed smile.
- Natural – Composite veneers provide a very natural look to your smile since the material has the same light reflecting qualities as natural tooth enamel. The material is also available in a multitude of shades, so we are sure to find the best one that matches your smile perfectly. Since the veneers are ultra-thin, you will not even notice them on your teeth, and neither will anyone else.
- Conservative – Composite veneers are a conservative approach to transforming your smile, unlike dental crowns that cover the entire exterior of a tooth. Instead, composite veneers require an insignificant amount of tooth structure to be removed to make way for the final restoration. In fact, the amount of tooth that is removed is about the width of a single strand of hair!
- Time – Since composite veneers are made chairside, we can craft your new smile in one appointment. You can essentially walk out of our office with a completely transformed smile in as little as one visit! Composite veneers are especially ideal if you have a special event that is fast approaching.
Composite Veneers in Knoxville
To learn more about composite veneers or any of our other cosmetic dentistry procedures, please call the office of Choto Family Dentistry at (865) 409-5077. We welcome patients of Choto, Knoxville, and Northshore.